ඔබ මෙම ලිපිය සිංහල භාෂාවෙන් කියවීමට කැමතිනම්, කරුණාකර පහත දැක්වෙන යොමුව භාවිත කරන්න.
- Dried Coconut husk cut into pieces of ¼”x¼” size
- Course sand without mud and organic material (Sand remained on No 5 size mesh and parts larger than 1cm removed)
- Manure – Osmocote (N and K types)
- Pesticides (Captan 80)
Method of potting
- Mix Coconut husk pieces and Course sand with 1:1 proportion;
- Clean and open up the holes in the bottom of the selected pot to have proper draining
- Fill bottom of the pot with Course sand to a height of about ½ “;
- Fill about 1/3 of height of pot with previously mixed medium (Follow Note 3);
- Place the selected Anthurium plant on the filled medium so that the roots of the plant are evenly distributed within the pot and the roots are not damaged;
- Spread a small amount of medium over the roots to just cover them and; add Osmocote and evenly distribute. Also, make sure that they are not too close to the plant. If Osmocote is too close to the plant, osmocote can damage the plant.;
- Now you may add more medium over the manure and fill the pot so that about 1” of the height of the pot from the seam remain (Note 3);
- Captan 80 mixture can be prepared by mixing 1 teaspoon of Captan 80 powder in 5 liter of water. Stir properly so that the powder is dissolved completely. ;
- This white color mixture shall be poured with a suitable bucket over the whole plant and the medium so that both get wet well and the mixture shall flow under the pot. (Note 5); and
- After another 5days, the pesticides should be poured to wet the plant and the medium. Here, it is sufficient to wet the top layers of the medium.
Note 1: Quantity of Osmocote to be used
- For a small plant – One tea spoon of Osmocote N
- Larger plant close to have flowers – One tea spoon of Osmocote K
- Larger plant close to have flowers or a plant with flowers; and when it is planted in a larger pot (About 12” diameter) as a mother plant – Two tea spoon of Osmocote K
- This amount of manure is sufficient for a period of 3 ½ to 4 months
Note 2: When lager pots are selected for smaller plants, growth rate could be reduced
Note 3: Always, top most area of the stem where new leaves starts should not be covered with the medium. The height of the fill under step No 4 can be adjusted accordingly
Note 4: When filling of medium is over, the surface shall not be pressed with hand or any other way, otherwise the root system could be damaged
Note 5: Before pouring the mixture, the pot with the plant shall be placed in a stable position. Also, prior to preparing the mixture, you shall wear suitable gloves and take other protective measures as the pesticides are poisons.
Note 6: Rather than pouring the mixture with in a short time, it is suitable to have two or three small hole with the pouring bucket so that mixture is poured over a reasonable period in order to wet the plant and the medium thoroughly.
Note 7: After completion of potting the plant, the pot with the plant should be kept in a shady and secured place for a period of not less than two weeks so that the plant is not moved or shake. If not, new roots do not start.